Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Hunt

Yesterday we went to a fanastic easter egg hunt. I realized at the end the day that I LOVE egg hunts and easter as well. Easter reminds me of being 5 or 6 and being finally allowed to go into the yard after FEET of snow has finally melted away and the lawn is not quite saturated any more. It reminds me of the daffodils and crocuses starting to finally come up. I was just told that back home there is still snow on the ground today so I guess it is really lucky that we have moved south so easter can still be these things to me (and Emma).

Oh, and for whatever reason, I love filling eggs, hiding them and watching the kids search them out. Hubby and I watched from a distance Emma giving some her eggs to other kids rather than keeping them herself. We were pround. Livvy watched everyone from the porch with me. She talked up a storm - appearing to be sharing her observations and the plan of attack she seems to want to take next year when she can finally participate.

1 comment:

Aaronish said...

Looking good! Since it is so much fun, we could totally start a 4th of July egg hunt. Then I could justify the bunny suit.