Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Date Night!

So, after 6 1/2 years of parenting Aaron and I decided that we need to make getting out without the kids a priority. This past weekend was the second time we went out. We decided to go to a real grown up restaurant that was not child friendly. We went to Mrs. K's Toll House in Silver Spring (we drive by it all the time and have always been curious about it).

We had the babysitter come at 3 to maximize the amount of time we had out post-Olivia's nap and pre-bedtime. So this meant that we needed to find someplace to go and hang out (and preferably have a drink) before dinner. We decided to go to the Piratz Tavern down the road from the restaurant. Ok, so it was a little high on the cheese factor, but the food was good and the drink that I had (it was called a "666") was awesome (I am totally going to be trying to make that one here).

Dinner afterwards was fantastic! Delicious and romantic. It was just refreshing to get out and have an adult evening!

No comments: