Friday, March 13, 2009

The Crazy Lady

Ok, this is just a rant...

So yesterday I was picking the girls up and we were at the daycare center where Olivia is. Along the path to the school there is about a foot wide section of small rocks/pebbles along the bottom of a retaining wall. So we are walking along the path. Emma is walking behind us and walking along the pebbles (scuffing her feet so that some of the rocks went onto the sidewalk - seriously maybe 6 or 7 pebbles). A mom of Olivias friend stopped to talk to me so as we were standing there talking this other mom interrupts me and asks me to stop Emma from walking on the pebbles as the pebbles that she has displaced onto the sidewalk are a tripping hazard. I seriously just looked at her in disbelief. She then proceeded to put all the pebbles back in their place (I am sure to demonstrate what a serious issue this was and to recognize that there was no way in hell that I was going to do this).

Ok, seriously, a tripping hazard??? I have been trying to think who would trip on one individual pebble (maybe 1/2 inch in diameter). I dont think I ever have and I dont imagine that Olivia would do so either.

I guess the other thing that pissed me off is that she interrupted my conversation to say this. Can I not exchange two complete sentences to another adult without being interrupted? I get that enough from my kids. I dont need an adult spouting moronic requests at me at the end of the day.

Oh, I asked Emma what she thought of that request and her response was... "I think she is a maniac." Nicely put, Emma.

Ok, I am done.

1 comment:

Kelly O said...

That woman was a total maniac. Congrats on your superior restraint!