Sunday, April 6, 2008

Just One Thing

Maybe this is not an overly original idea, but I was reading some posts by Eco Mama and her idea of just changing one thing you do a month to something that is a little more environmentally friendly I thought was a good one. I know it is a little ironic that I am an environmental scientist by trade, but I feel like I am not as environmentally friendly as I could be. I have changed most of our lightbulbs over and we try to recycle the best we can, but I know there are a gagillion things I can do better.

So I am going to attempt to do my own "just one thing" starting this month... I have been changing all my cleaning products, laundry detergent, dish soap, etc. over to more environmentally friendly versions of them.

One thing a month can add up right?

4 comments:

Aaronish said...

I am going to stop using shampoo!!

Todd Franklin Osborn said...

i totally feel what you're saying on this. i have environmental guilt too. "just one thing" is a great idea cuz it's a motivational thing but it's not impractical or over-expective....good job.

Kelly O said...

Be the change!

nylonthread said...

Right! Totally add up! Twelve things a year will no doubt make a difference. It might take a while to get to a gagillion tho.