Saturday, April 5, 2008

You know you are a dc transplant when...


... you loathe the thought of going to cherry blossom "festival". Ok, so Rochester has about a month of summer each year but in that one month they pack in as much outdoor fun as possible in the form of many festivals, with music, art, and lots of beer and wine.
Every year my co-workers and I walk down to the tidal basin to take in the sights during this time and I am always a bit disappointed. Maybe I am missing something. Where is the beer tent?
Or maybe I haven't been as deprived of the sun and haven't had 8 feet of snow in my yard all year. Maybe that is why in Rochester all the summer festivals seemed like such joyous events. Anyway, set up the beer tent and I will be there!

No comments: